Sunday 19 August 2012



Linkin Park Fan
Lee Shu Hui
Pencil on Paper
A3
June 2007

(click to enlarge if needed)
This may not be an accurate portrayal of reality, because I imagined this guy up and also his pose. The hands look realistic because I was looking at my own hands as I drew. Yes that was how Shuhui's hands looked back then hur hur. So back in p5 I was a Linkin Park fan. I'm way over them now. Oh an important point to note: That wasn't meant to be a tattoo. I'm not really for them. It was meant to be like a Photoshop-ish image of LP's logo; I was imagining it at the back of a CD cover or something.

This I include into the portfolio because it is one of the many practices that I had in the past trying to depict the human form. This one was more heartfelt as I wanted to express my like for LP and their music. Err but then again that was then and now is now.

I was very happy with the result because I wanted to depict a guy expressing his approval for music that he loves. I think there is a sense of movement that I successfully managed to capture in the drawing. Now in retrospect it looks like a rather blithe expression of teenage self-absorption.

I think I've changed a lot since then. :\

No comments:

Post a Comment