Monday 20 August 2012




“Content cannot be manufactured, in my opinion. That which I can find is better than that which you can make. That which we find, the work and the use of the people out there, it’s natural, that’s what ordinary people do, that interests me.”
Fred Herzog

This serves as inspiration for me because of the raw gem of a moment's surprise that is captured. There is a sense of rhythm and movement, and I like how the subjects who exhibit surprised expressions are the only women in the picture - and they are standing together - while on either side of them stand men whose expressions betray nothing much. I think that this is the essence of photography - to capture that moment of imbalance, that moment of emotions, etc.

There is also a very dramatic lighting in the photo, with pronounced light and dark areas (chiaroscuro).

I could use this as inspiration by looking more for such moments and bringing my camera about with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment