Friday 14 September 2012

Salt Lake Temple
Lee Shu Hui
Pencil on Paper
2010

I felt moved upon to sketch this because of the lovely architecture of this building, which is in Salt Lake City, Utah, in the United States. Moreover, it is a symbol of my faith, built in a painstaking 40 years in the 1800s. Its architecture is full of symbolism, which I enjoy.

I've never been there, but people say it's a beautiful place. I did this piece of work with the thought in mind that I want to go there one day.

I referred to a picture of the temple. I did this with pencil on paper.

I think that this is a refreshing change as I hardly sketch architecture. I am satisfied with the precision of the sketch, which I achieved through using a ruler to help me sketch the straight lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment