Friday 14 September 2012

Restoration
Lee Shu Hui
Photography
22 September 2010

I took this using my old Nokia handphone. It was a Classic 3120, but don't let the name deceive you - the camera was really good. I took this photo at Sharon's house during the hols or after school, I can't remember, because at that time I was really passionate about choir and I went to her house after school a couple of times to use her piano and we'd practice our choir songs. The sunlight looked really beautiful, and I felt awed staring into the sky which was before me, which stretched on and on and I couldn't see the end of it. So I ran and got my phone. During that time I was really into photography, really passionate, always using my phone to snap pictures around me whenever I thought something would make a good photograph.

This makes an inspiring photograph, don't you think?

Sunlight gradually distilling upon the tops of the buildings in darkness, like heaven opening its doors to reveal an endless outpouring of light.

1 comment:

  1. hi shuhui!
    personally i like this work as like you i am very intrigued by the effects of light (and related movements like Impressionism). I feel that you did a great job capturing the mood, a sort of "new beginning" enlightening feel. The rays of light shining through the clouds are also captured really clearly, and there is a instantaneous effect of snapshot quality evident in the work(:

    an AFI would be that the buildings at the bottom of the image look unclear. Perhaps you could try to shift the focus so that equal emphasis is placed on the clouds as well as the way the rays of light shine down onto the buildings and towards the ground, so that the whole process of light infiltration is captured?

    ReplyDelete