Tuesday 24 January 2012

Title: Untitled
Media: Photography (Canon D80)
Date: 25 Oct 2011

I didn't give this a Name because it's too complicated to be named. It entails too many emotions, could mean too many things for it to be marked with a couple alphabets. Actually, that being said, maybe I could call it a Symphony # or something like Kandinsky did his works. It reminds me of some classical music; it dances brilliantly and weaves about. But well let's just leave it to the viewer to decide what it is.

This photograph depicts lights surging into the hazy distance. I was experimenting with zoom on long shutter speed. I was aiming for the capturing of the notion of speed, of power. I like the juxtaposition of the vibrant lights seemingly shooting forward against the backdrop of a hazy hue of dull blue, the double image of the horizon with the one in front sharper than the one behind. The horizon reminds me of mountains.

I think I could have set the camera on a stand instead of just holding it while it was on long shutter speed. This because I notice some of the strands of light seem to be making a U-turn. Well of course U-turns could mean something deflecting something else with speed and power, which also caters to my original aim when I was taking this photograph. But the unity of the lights seem to be gone with some U-turning and some moving onward. Especially with the fact that the U-turning lights are the ones in the middle.

I could have employed a stronger and clearer focal point. Too many lights can be distracting. The good thing is that the lights are all on one portion of the image while the background is on the other. Another good point is that the lights are balanced against an almost pitch-black half of the background. A darker sky could have been chosen for when the image was taken to ensure a darker background for greater sense of depth and for chiaroscuro.



No comments:

Post a Comment