Sunday 6 May 2012

Li Xiaofeng





Porcelain fragments from the Ming and Qing dynasties 
Li Xiaofeng's masterpiece. I wonder where he got all the Song, Ming, etc dynasty plates from.

Most of all - I wonder how he sews the pieces together! What does he use to pierce the porcelain with?



It's interesting, how he gets them to break into pieces that seem to be just right. I wonder how he does it - if he smashes them with a hammer, or throws them onto the floor and picks up the big and nicely broken parts.


Ouch.


3 comments:

  1. Did he really sew this artwork? Looks glued to me, like maybe with a hot glue gun. It's something like what Rachel's doing (tile smashing thing), just that it's with porcelain. I like how the porcelain pieces vary in shapes and sizes, and there's a gentle gradient of blue which makes it seem really elegant. Moreover, the porcelain pieces really intricate designs which makes it seem even more fragile and elegant.

    -sharon (-u-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. In reply to your question! I saw on this man's website like months ago (or somewhere on the Internet) when I posted the above that he sewed the stuff together! So I asked about it in my post above. Hmmmmmm I dunno. Yuqi should see this. And learn from it by giving her model more modest clothing. I shall go recommend on her blog

      Delete
  2. ^have

    -sharon (-u-)

    ReplyDelete